Banking & Finance
FrancisGrey advises lenders, financial institutions, investors and borrowers on structuring, accessing and retrieving finance in both straightforward financing and more complex arrangements.
We advise on:
- General Banking
- Corporate Lending and Borrowing
- Acquisition Finance
- Real Estate Finance
FG Services Limited (F/G) provides a full range of corporate administration services to Cayman Islands exempted and local companies and partnerships.
F/G’s experienced corporate administrators work alongside the corporate attorneys of its affiliated law firm, FrancisGrey, to provide efficient and quality service to its clients.
F/G provides the following general corporate administration services:
- Formation services for local and exempted companies and exempted limited partnerships
- Registered Office Services
- Convening and holding, as required, all meetings of the board of directors (and any committees thereof) and of members (shareholders), record minutes of such meetings and prepare and circulate written resolutions when required.
- Effect share issuances, transfers and redemptions in accordance with the bye-laws and statutory requirements.
- Make applications to and file statutory documents with Cayman regulatory authorities as may be necessary.
- Liaise with members, directors and other authorised representatives of the client company and with the client company’s bankers, accountants, auditors and other professional advisers as necessary.
- Custody and maintenance of the minute book and common seal.
- Maintain the share register and the register of directors and officers.
- Maintain Register of Beneficial Owners as required;
- Custody of all pertinent corporate documents.
- Boardroom and other support facilities at F/G’s offices for the holding of meetings of the client company.
Our attorneys represent individuals and businesses in initiating and defending claims before the Courts and other tribunals. We also advise clients on risk management and create strategies to minimize potential litigation. In each matter, we closely examine the viability of alternative dispute resolution, such as arbitration and mediation so as to achieve our clients’ objectives.
Our dispute resolution team provides assistance in the following areas:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (arbitration, mediation and negotiation)
- Commercial Disputes
- Wills, Trusts and Inheritance Disputes
- Property and Planning Disputes
- Shareholder and Corporate Disputes
- Employment and Labour Law
- Judicial Review of administrative actions
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Debt Recovery and Enforcement
- Insurance and Personal Injury claims (motor vehicle accidents, workplace incidents; injuries at public and private establishments)
- Professional Negligence
Our Family Law specialists offer strategic advice and representation to families and individuals on personal legal issues. We provide assistance with all aspects of family law including asset protection, issues that arise on the breakdown of relationships and matters related to the welfare of children. We create strategies tailored to our clients’ personal circumstances and work diligently to advise our clients of all options available to them and advise on the practicality and viability of resolving issues through discrete negotiation, mediation or the Courts.
We represent clients on a wide range of family law issues, including:
- Divorce and Separation
- Dissolution of Civil Partnerships
- Division of assets of the marriage and civil partnerships
- Financial Support and Spousal Maintenance
- Domestic Violence: protection orders and occupation orders
- Asset Protection – Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Separation Agreements
- All aspects of children’s law including: parental responsibility, child care and custody, child maintenance, child relocation and adoption
- Incapacity and Guardianship Orders for Adults.
Financial Services Regulation & Compliance
Our team provides regulation and compliance services to financial institutions, fund administrators, accountants, investment managers, independent directors and corporate services providers. Our theory on regulatory and compliance matters is supported by substantial experience.
The firm provides advice on:
Regulatory Applications and Examinations
Licensing for Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (CIMA) regulated entities (administrators, accountants, banks, investment managers), compliance requirements for financial services providers, managing the regulator relationship and responding to enquiries from local and overseas regulators.
We have extensive experience advising on the composition of boards of directors (focusing on director independence), advising boards of directors and senior management on fiduciary and legal responsibilities, regulatory compliance issues, governance issues, transactions, investor communication and other corporate management issues (including advising on directors’ and officers’ indemnification arrangements and liability insurance coverage.)
Confidentiality Obligations and Policies
FrancisGrey advises financial services providers, and other custodians of confidential information of their obligations, and gives counsel on appropriate policies.
Investment Manager Compliance
The Firm has significant experience in counseling investment managers who provide services to investment funds and assist with compliance requirements for their structures and applications for licenses, and exemptions pursuant to the Securities Investment Business Law of the Cayman Islands.
Fund Administrator Compliance
Our attorneys represent clients on all aspects of administrator regulation ranging from the establishment and licensing of a Cayman Islands fund administrator to anti-money laundering and compliance issues.
Fintech and Technology
FrancisGrey provides specialist legal assistance to clients who are implementing investment strategies, operating or developing businesses involving blockchain technology, cryptocurrencies or virtual currencies, initial coin offerings, Regtech, digital technology, and smart contracts.
FrancisGrey assists companies, their directors, secretaries and managers to comply with their statutory obligations by providing technical and practical advice and assistance. The group provides a full spectrum of assistance with respect to the statutory responsibilities and obligations of companies, directors and officers. The core services provided are corporate governance and company law advice, company secretarial and legal and compliance risk. Our attorneys audit, review and tailor governance practices and provide director training and education and due diligence review of corporate governance policies in connection with business transactions.
Information Law, Data Protection and Privacy
FrancisGrey advises on Information Privacy and Security including work place privacy, cyber security incidents.
FrancisGrey advises on the registration, commercialisation, licensing, development and distribution of patents, trademark and copyright as well as optimal structures to manage Intellectual Property rights.
We prosecute rights in relation to, copyright, domain names, trademarks, service marks, confidential information, trade secrets and new technologies.
The firm’s associated corporate services arm, FG Services Limited is a licensed patent and trade mark agent in the Cayman Islands.
FrancisGrey is a member of The International Trademark Association (INTA).
Our attorneys provide counsel to investment funds, investment managers, family offices, institutional and private investors, on-shore attorneys and service providers to the investment fund industry.
The firm provides advice on:
- establishment and restructuring of all types of investment funds;
- on-going operation and regulation of investment funds;
- distressed fund issues;
- investor correspondence;
- de-registration and termination of investment funds;
- registration and exemption applications for investment managers; and
- listings on the Cayman Islands Stock Exchange.
Our Latin America Practice Group provides legal services to clients wishing to conduct business in Latin America and also to Latin American based clients wishing to utilize offshore structures to promote their business interests.
The Group is served by attorneys who, having lived and worked in the region, are fluent in Portuguese and Spanish.
Succession Planning and Estates
FrancisGrey provides a comprehensive range of services to private clients, Executors and Administrators in respect of the planning and settlement of estates including:
- Will Preparation
- Contentious and non-contentious applications for grants of Probate and Letters of Administration
- Drafting and advising on Powers of Attorney
- Initiating and defending actions relating to Guardianship Orders for adults
Trusts & Private Wealth
Our Trusts and Private Wealth Practice group provides advice to trustees, high net worth individuals, and institutions on all aspects of Cayman Islands Trusts Law including:
- Formation, maintenance and administration of private, charitable and purpose trusts
- Commercial Trusts
- Asset Protection Trusts
- Private Trust Companies
- Regulation of Trusts and Fiduciaries